As a Savant/Aignos-trained and certified editor, I'm pleased to announce that I'll be championing Helen R. Davis' second work in her Cleopatra series, CLEOPATRA VICTORIOUS (Savant in preparation). The sequel to CLEOPATRA UNCONQUERED, a largely historical novel positing at the end Cleopatra and Antony's winning rather than historically losing the great Battle of Actium. In CLEOPATRA VICTORIOUS, Helen explores what the world might have been like had, for example, Alexandria rather than Rome become the center of the world. Would Christ and his desciples, all period figures, have been welcomed in Alexandria rather than reviled in Rome? Would there have been an Alexandrian Catholic Church rather than a Roman Catholic Church with Syria the center of a Greco-Egyption-Roman Empire? How would that have changed our world of today? I hope you will look with me in anticipation toward the release of CLEOPATRA VICTORIOUS in late 2017, early 2018. Would you like to become a professional Savant/Aignos-trained and certified editor? Send an email request and resume to "email@example.com" (or Editor-in-Chief's email address) and let us introduce you to the exciting world of editing. A little overwhelmed by this idea? How about becoming a Savant/Aignos proofreader. Savant/Aignos proofreaders are the last in our extensive quality control line, following editing and polishing, and the first to read the completed book before it's released. We're looking for native American English reading and speaking proofreaders with a reputation as a grammar-structure disciplinarian. Former English teachers especially welcome. This is our entry-level position. Interested? We train and certify our Savant/Aignos proofreaders to kick-start them on their editing journey in publishing. Send an email indicating interest in a proofreader position at Savant/Aignos along with a resume to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
THE TURTLE DANCES by Daniel S. Janik - Excerpt #1 (Family Rated)
"Chapter 1 - Peach Moon
Viewed from the middle of the bay, the night would have been pitch dark, but for the huge, round, blushing pink Hawaiian moon, resting like a big ripe peach just above the horizon. Above and behind, the sky, a black velvet blanket, was dusted with pin-point stars. Ahead, along the sandy beach, the evening trade winds rustled the long fronds of tall coconut trees growing on the far side of a sidewalk that wandered behind low mounds of cool, wet sand. The beach was pretty much as Isla, the Green Sea Turtle, thought it should look, taste and feel from her childhood memories. Of course, it wasn’t exactly the same. There were small differences—the coarseness of the sand granules, their slightly cooler temperature, and something she couldn’t quite put her flipper on..."
Isla, a Hawaiian Green Sea Turtle resting on the beach at Waikiki, notices a dance couple practicing a partner routine for a dance competition. Intrigued, she decides she, too, wants to dance, and more so, partner dance. But how to do it?
Written for adults to read aloud to their children, and youth to 16 years of age to read and enjoy. Lavishly illustrated in black and white for reader coloring opportunities.
The third in the Savant "COLOR-ME-PLEASE" children's book series.
THE TURTLE DANCESby Daniel S. JanikIllustrated by Oklahoma artist, Ruth Janik
Available worldwide from Savant Books and Publications, on Amazon.com, and at fine bookstores everywhere.
Sincerely,Daniel S. JanikAuthor of the award-winning "Color-Me-Please" children's books, THE TURTLE DANCES (Savant 2013) A WHALE'S TALE (Savant 2009)Press Release for THE TURTLE DANCES at http://www.prlog.org/12194549
Aloha Nature Children's Book Lovers: IT'S TIME FOR A BOOK GIVE-AWAY CONTEST! I'm itching to give-away a signed first edition copy of my award-winning A WHALE'S TALE (Savant 2008) to the FIRST PERSON on this chat who can answer all the following questions in the next sixty minutes:
1. Of the so far 100 some Savant works in print, how many total are by the author of A WHALE'S TALE?
2. A WHALE'S TALE is the second in the Pacific Rim Naturalist and first in the Savant "Color-Me-Please" children's books series. What is the title of FIRST book in the Pacific Rim Naturalist series (hint: it was not published by Savant but it's locatable under one of my many pan-names -- "Dan Janik" -- on Amazon.com)?
3. What is the name of the author and title of the second book in the Savant "Color -Me-Please" series (hint: it's by an author whose first name is that of a kind of bird, and is about ponca-unicorns)?
4. To which URL should a school teacher go on the internet to learn about and take advantage of my free, international, public service project, "Ocean of Whales," associated with A WHALE'S TALE? (Hint: a good place to begin looking is on my author webpage beginning at http://janik.yolasite.com)
5. Who illustrated A WHALE'S TALE?
6. One of our current authors served as the editor for A WHALE'S TALE, though he/she's since retired from editing and is listed on the Savant website only as a Savant author. What is his/her name (Hint: It's a Savant author originally from Los Angeles, California, whose book, published by Savant in 2009, won three book awards and is the only Savant book to have a jazz CD of the same title)?
7. If someone wanted to acquire five or ten copies of A WHALE'S TALE at a discounted rate to use for birthdays, Whale's Day or Christmas gifts, what URL should he or she go to for the best discount price (Hint: Go to http://www.savantbooksandpublications.com and click on the "Publisher's Store" -- locate the work under "Books, Fiction" and click on the cover image.
8. In my A WHALE'S TALE Savant Press Release, I mention my true author passion. What is it (hint: All Savant book webpages link directly to our Savant SquareUp Market and, in the information portion, include a "hot" link to the primary book release press release generally located at the end of the information)?
You must post your 8 answers together in one reply on this chat topic thread within the next 60 minutes. GO FOR IT!
"Have Whale, Will Travel"Daniel S. JanikAuthor of A WHALE'S TALE (Savant 2008)
Supported videos include:
Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!